1. Run a half marathon and a 10K (not every race has to be a marathon).
3. Build out a roofdeck on my apartment.
4. Renovate my downstairs bathroom (ugh, so ugly).
5. Find a weekly yoga class I love (trust me, if I love it, it won't count as athletic).
6. Write, write, write.
8. Read Ayn Rand, finally, and find out what people have been talking about.
9. Write thank-you notes every time someone does something nice for me.
10. Learn how to edit film.
11. Get better at HTML (better than terrible can't be that hard).
12. Teach my baby niece to say my name.
13. Figure out and master the best chocolate-chip cookie recipe.
15. Learn new ways to cook fish inside without stinking up the house.
16. Learn the Beyonce "Single Ladies" dance (yeah, I know I'm late to the table on this one, but I still love it).
17. Find a great self-tanner (if one exists) and use it, instead of crisping myself in the real sun all summer.
18. Install shutters in my living room (so I can walk from the kitchen to the bedroom in a towel without traumatizing the neighbors).
19. Do a 5-day juice fast.
20. Do a kidney and liver cleanse. (First, find out how to do a liver and kidney cleanse).
21. Bowl over a 180 (I think my previous record is 150).
22. Visit a new country with my husband.
23. Learn to sail (passably- I'm not trying to become an Admiral or anything).
24. Master my own signature punch recipe. I'm almost there...
25. Borrow my friend's Rosetta Stone Spanish tapes and complete the course.
26. Take a skiing lesson so I can keep up with JM on the bowls and double blacks without peeing my pants.
27. Get annual check-ups at the dermo, gyno, dentist, herbalist,voodoo priestess and my general practitioner to make sure I'm in top physical form (I mean, for me. I'm not trying to be Lance Armstrong or anything).
28. Talk my husband into going camping. Maybe climb something? (But just getting him to sleep in a tent would be an accomplishment in itself).
29. Find and buy a sun hat that actually looks good on me. I admit it's a long shot with this massive noggin.
30. Learn how to get "beach hair" without going to the beach. Or just go to the beach a lot. Either way, I'll be happy.
What are your goals for this year? Take it from me- even if you're only turning 25 (a baby!) it's never too early to figure out the stupid superficial things you want to accomplish!
photo credit: Martha Stewart