I'm a firm believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Not to belittle lunch or dinner. Or brunch. Or linner. Or snacktime. (I like them all.) If you want to get your day off to a good start, you've got to put some brain food in your gut. But, if you're like most people, you probably think you don't have time in the mornings to get any more than a cup of burnt coffee.
I'm here to help. If you plan in advance, and pick out the right things at the grocery store, you can have a delicious, nutritious breakfast in no time that leaves you with more than a case of the jitters and a charred taste in your mouth, for less than it costs to buy a stale corn muffin at the deli. The idea is to get your whole body and brain moving with foods that contain fiber, protein and enough carbs to kick your thinker into gear. Here are some of my favorite quick, easy breakfasts that provide the fuel I need to keep me feeling good and thinking on my toes.
At least until mid-morning snacktime.
Eight Easy Breakfasts
1. Whole-wheat english muffin with cottage cheese and honey.
2. Instant oatmeal with berries and soy milk.
3. Whole-wheat toast with almond butter and sliced banana.
4. Greek yogurt with bran cereal and blueberries.
5. Kashi Go Lean Crunch with milk or soy milk and strawberries.
6. Half-grapefruit with flaxseeds and a glass of kefir (drinkable yogurt).
7. Multi-grain toaster waffle with peanut butter and raisins.
8. Sliced cheddar cheese and apple or pear.
Gotta go- it's snunch time!
Photo credit: Real Simple
6 hours ago