19 minutes ago
Monday, August 10, 2009
In an effort to get more "green" and also to reduce the amount of "toxic" "chemicals" I have floating around in our house, I am trying to cut back on noxious cleaning products that we use. Leave it to my mom (the party animal) to point out a great alternative that was hiding in my liquor cabinet all along: Everclear alcohol. You probably think of it as the last thing you remember seeing before you woke up with a screaming headache and a new scalp tattoo, but it actually also works wonders as a sterilizer (pour some on your kitchen sponges to keep them from getting moldy or mildewy, or dilute it and use it to wipe off the counters). You can also pour it over a cut to clean and disinfect it. And it's totally non-toxic, so it won't make you sick. Unless, of course, you drink it.